Coastal Credit Union Midtown Park presents
- Visit Website
"Midtown Raleigh Alliance (MRA)www.midtownraleighalliance.org today announced that its annual Pumpkin Palooza community festival, presented by Capital Bank, returns to Midtown Park in North Hills on Sunday, October 21 from 3–6pm. The popular family- and dog-friendly event offers a wonderful weekend afternoon of activities for all ages, including perennial favorites the Palooza Chili Cook-Off, Dog Costume Contest, KidZone of activities, live music performance by “Midlife Crisis”, and a brand new Tailgate Zone of food, games, beer and fun with guest appearances by NC State and NFL stars Terrence and Torry Holt. Event highlights include:
- The Chili Cook-Off will provide attendees a chance to sample and vote on chili from seven Midtown Raleigh restaurants and caterers;
- Enjoy beer from Trophy Brewing Company and a new Bubbly Bar serving wines and champagne, hosted and supplied by The Capital Grille Restaurant;
- The KidZone offers a variety of activities for kids of all ages;
- A canine Halloween costume contest returns as a fan favorite, with prizes provided by local pet supply stores and animal hospitals; and
- Tailgate food including pizza from Piola, grilled hot dogs and brats, popcorn, cookies and more.
Adult tickets are $10 online ($15 at the door). Tickets for children ages 6-12 are $5; children ages 5 and under get in free with a paying adult. Family packages are available as well for $25 (max of two adults and three children).
For more information on the Midtown Pumpkin Palooza, call919.438.2210or visithttps://www.midtownraleighalliance.org/2018-pumpkin-palooza.
Event proceeds benefit the Holt Brothers Foundation, a Raleigh-based nonprofit founded by NC State alums Terrence and Torry Holt. Funding will be used to support a new KidsCan program at the Duke Raleigh Cancer Center, providing education, emotional support, peer empathy and inspiration for children who have a parent with cancer – the Foundation’s primary mission. Learn more athttp://holtbrothersfoundation.com/programs/kidscan/.
'Last year we were thrilled by the public support for this event,” said Tara Robbins, Executive Director at Midtown Raleigh Alliance. “Last year’s Palooza brought together over 40 sponsors and donors and this year we expect more than 1,000 attendees.'"
Coastal Credit Union Midtown Park
4011 Cardinal at N Hills St
Raleigh, NC 27609
Sunday, 21 October